VERSE OF THE DAY

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Beautiful Exchange

Z A G
How do you become so great,
You of little faith?
Do not mock my actions
Yet, imitate the best intentions.

A R F
I cannot duplicate, yes Rabbi.
But in my mind I know, someday I will get by.
I am not a goner for sure!
With this wit, I will survive this adventure!

J L M
Take this from me, little one:
I, too, am a fool, but not entirely gone.
I have brains that you will want to follow, you see.
With tricks and alluring charisma, it is all easy!

M N T
My love, believe me when I say:
Your mind is messed up like stacks of hay.
But you can rise up, I know.
With discipline and heart, your flame will glow.

C E B
You are my best friend.
And I am your ever confidante until the end.
I love you brother so let me tell you this line:
All learning, is not yours, nor mine.

G O D
My child, let Me in and be your light.
I will guide you in this life, like a lamp in the darkest night.
Though the hardest pitfalls and struggles may abound,
the crux of our labor is sempiternally around.

A R F
The world has broken my heart ten ways to Sunday
I have been hoited and am now frivolous, if I can say.
The fault of course, is in my stars everybody.
And I cannot begin to explain everything so suddenly.

But this I have learned in our almost Socratic exchange:
I could both learn and play with almost no augment in my gauge.
Yet, with dandelions in the spring and akin to silver linings,
to excelsior, this small potato is hallowed, nostrumed to forbearings.